1.22.2013

No Pictures, Please (part 2)

I really wasn't kidding when I said I can't pose for pictures alone. Boredom recently led me to reach back to the depths of my Facebook past and discover that I've had this problem for as long as Facebook can remember (meaning since 2006 when I first jumped on Mark Zuckerburg's bandwagon). I truly was a solid solo photo poser up until about age 10, but then puberty hit and my preteen years just went to pieces as awkwardness took over in all my solo pic situations. And still the awkwardness remains.

Please see below for further submissions to my solo pic failures, featuring the faces first highlighted in this blog, plus a few additional faces that have popped up in my research.

1. The "you're taking this picture against my will and I'm not happy about it" face

2. The "I don't know what to do so I'm just going to pretend like I don't know you're taking a picture and avoid eye contact" face

3. The "I'm uncomfortable so I'm going to act overly excited by throwing my arms up in the air and/or give a thumbs up paired with a goofy open-mouthed grin" face 

4. The "Becca is making me pose like this" face
 
5. The "I'm too delirious and exhausted so I can't stop you from taking a picture right now" face

6. The "I'm going to try to strike a cute pose, but it's going to end up looking really silly instead" face

New face additions:

7. The "I need a prop to hold next to my face so I feel less awkward" face

8. The "I don't know what to do with my arms/hands" face

9. The "I'm dramatic" face

10. The "Whatever this one-eyed squint and weird mouth thing is" face

Then there was that one time I got stuck in a tree ...

... And almost fell into this ...

... And celebrated my return to earth like this ...

Then there's this, presented without explanation.

... Because I don't have one.

Preteen Becky, high school Becky, college Becky, present-day Becky ... we're all the same. We all buckle under the pressure of solo photos.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment