8.12.2011

No pictures, please

The other day, as I often tend to do, I was taking a nice walk down Australia memory lane. I usually look at Becca's pictures from our 5 months abroad more than mine because her photography skills completely eclipse mine. Please see the following photos as evidence to this claim:

 

While most of her photos are outstanding, there are a number of Becca's Aussie pics that have been tainted. What could possibly tarnish the beautiful images she put to film? One thing: Becky's awkwardness.

You see, I don't really know how to handle pictures by myself. I feel lost, out of place, silly, and a combination of emotions that result in...photos of me looking ridiculous and awkward. Apparently there is some uniformity to my awkwardness, because I counted 6 difference faces I make in solo pictures. They all differ depending on my mood and the situation, but they do provide a glimpse into what you can expect if you try to freeze me in a moment in time by myself. The faces are as follows:


1. The "you're taking this picture against my will and I'm not happy about it" face


2. The "I don't know what to do so I'm just going to pretend like I don't know you're taking a picture and avoid eye contact" face


3. The "I'm uncomfortable so I'm going to act overly excited by throwing my arms up in the air and/or give a thumbs up paired with a goofy open-mouthed grin" face


4. The "Becca is making me pose like this" face


5. The "I'm too delirious and exhausted so I can't stop you from taking a picture right now" face


6. The "I'm going to try to strike a cute pose, but it's going to end up looking really silly instead" face


All the awkwardness above is just from one 5-month period. Becca kept taking pictures. And I kept supplying ridiculousness. Have I improved at solo pics since Australia? No. Case and point: Becca's birthday party earlier this month...


For all of you who are keeping track, that's face #2: The "I don't know what to do so I'm just going to pretend like I don't know you're taking a picture and avoid eye contact" face

Someone, please, I'm begging you, get in the picture with me.

Save me from myself.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh!! I miss Becky!! :( :( :(

    I feel like I've said this before...I suck at blogging and every time yours pops up...I try to be better. Here we go again, I vow to blog.

    ReplyDelete