The other day, as I often tend to do, I was taking a nice walk down Australia memory lane. I usually look at Becca's pictures from our 5 months abroad more than mine because her photography skills completely eclipse mine. Please see the following photos as evidence to this claim:
While most of her photos are outstanding, there are a number of Becca's Aussie pics that have been tainted. What could possibly tarnish the beautiful images she put to film? One thing: Becky's awkwardness.
You see, I don't really know how to handle pictures by myself. I feel lost, out of place, silly, and a combination of emotions that result in...photos of me looking ridiculous and awkward. Apparently there is some uniformity to my awkwardness, because I counted 6 difference faces I make in solo pictures. They all differ depending on my mood and the situation, but they do provide a glimpse into what you can expect if you try to freeze me in a moment in time by myself. The faces are as follows:
1. The "you're taking this picture against my will and I'm not happy about it" face
2. The "I don't know what to do so I'm just going to pretend like I don't know you're taking a picture and avoid eye contact" face
3. The "I'm uncomfortable so I'm going to act overly excited by throwing my arms up in the air and/or give a thumbs up paired with a goofy open-mouthed grin" face
4. The "Becca is making me pose like this" face
5. The "I'm too delirious and exhausted so I can't stop you from taking a picture right now" face
6. The "I'm going to try to strike a cute pose, but it's going to end up looking really silly instead" face
All the awkwardness above is just from one 5-month period. Becca kept taking pictures. And I kept supplying ridiculousness. Have I improved at solo pics since Australia? No. Case and point: Becca's birthday party earlier this month...
For all of you who are keeping track, that's face #2: The "I don't know what to do so I'm just going to pretend like I don't know you're taking a picture and avoid eye contact" face
Someone, please, I'm begging you, get in the picture with me.
Save me from myself.