I have no idea.
So, when this scary thought "I have no idea" strikes me, it usually takes about 10 seconds before I revert into thinking about the good ol' days. If you're feeling similar "I have no idea" anxieties, take a walk down memory lane with me to the yester-years of childhood...
1. Gameboy Color. When this ground-breaking electronic came out it was a BIG DEAL. And I wanted one. But according to Patti Long, video games are for boys and dolls are for girls. So I apparently wasn't worthy of my precious Gameboy Color no matter how much I begged. What did I do, you ask? I saved up my allowance for a year to purchase myself this coveted item. The problem? At the time of purchase, I couldn't afford a game. My Gameboy sat in my closet for over a month before I had enough money saved to buy "Bomberman." How I loved you, my purple see-throught Gameboy Color. And Patti Long will never live this one down.
2. Classic Niceklodeon shows. Clarissa Explains It All...Rugrats...Are You Afraid of the Dark? (terrifying; I still get the spooks swimming in the pool because of an episode about a pool built over an old graveyard)...Kenan and Kel...All That...Hey Dude...oh the memories!
4. Butterfly clips. Always artfully displayed in alternating colors that perfectly complimented my outfit. Add in some body glitter and I was good to go!
5. Limited Too. I'm not talking about the store now known as "Justice." I'm talking about my Limited Too. The place where I got my favorite pair of blue leopard silk pajamas. The place where Patti Long wouldn't let me buy t-shirts with dog and kitten pictures on them because they were "tacky." The place where all my clothing dreams came true at age 7.
6. Beanie Babies. Does this even need an explanation? I was obsessed. So obsessed that my baby-sitter drove my sister and I around for an entire day to all the different McDonald's in Tulsa so we could buy as many "Teeny Beanies" as possible. I don't know if her dog, Bear, ever recovered from the 15 happy meals we fed him that day...
7. Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. You know, the power rangers who reported to Zordon and the robot that said "Ay yi yi yi!" and fought those grey things that looked like they were made out of clay. I loved the power rangers and I'm not ashamed. I was even the pink ranger (Kimberly; I so wanted to be her) for Halloween once. Conveniently, my neighbor was the white ranger. Be still my heart.
8. Bubblegum Pop Music. I choose to remember the happy times. You know, Britney (pre-shaved-head), Christina (pre-Xtina), Jessica Simpson (pre-is-tuna-chicken-or-fish), Backstreet Boys (pre-comeback-attempt-#345873984765), *NSYNC (pre-no-one-can-get-work-except-Justin), and Spice Girls (who, if you ask me, still rock)
9. Tamagotchis. 3 little buttons = hours of entertainment. The day that they outlawed Tamagotchis at Jenks Southeast Elementary was a very sad day.
10. My Lamp Halloween Costume. This will forever be one of my proudest moments. Made even better by the fact that I was accompanied by an order of french fries.
Oh the joys of childhood. Did I miss anything?