9.12.2012

Snippets of Thoughts and Realizations

I have no outlandish stories to share today. Only small reflections about various discoveries, as follows:
  • "Tarn" is a fancy word for a lake in the mountains. I learned this from a hippie hiker in Colorado. Has everyone known this for ages and I just haven't been using a thesaurus or dictionary adequately? I'm pretty excited about this new word discovery.
  • With each passing day, I become even more incapable of parallel parking a car. It's difficult when you're used to driving a tinker toy, aka VW Beetle. I struggled for a solid 10 minutes to park my car the other day, and the end result was still embarrassing.
  • Panera needs a parking garage. If there were more parking spots available for my use, the parallel parking problem could be avoided entirely. Get on it, Panera.
  • I still have Jessica Simpson songs on my iPod. This is most definitely even more embarrassing than my parallel parking skills (or lack thereof).
  • The 3:00-4:00 hour is the bane of my existence. All you working people have known this for quite some time, but I have just recently jumped on the bandwagon of hating the dreaded hour. This is further complicated by the fact that I don't like coffee or any other caffeine creation. Must. Press. On.
  • There are people in the world that don't like sprinkles. I am dating one such person. (He also doesn't like bacon or avocados, which perplexes me further. The good news is, we both agree that pizza is a truly magical concept.)
  • Where is fall??? I'm over the this forever season known as Texas summer.
  • This is my latest cute baby animal discovery, resulting in me wanting a baby gorilla. I can't figure out how to spell the high-pitched noise I'm currently making. Just imagine me squealing in your ear. You're probably squealing with me, because surely you've never before seen the cuteness that is a baby gorilla reacting to the coldness of a stethoscope.

I'm specifically not posting any additional pictures with this post for two reasons:
1) No other picture that corresponds to any of the above discoveries can even come close to comparing to baby gorilla cuteness, so why bother?
2) I'm lazy. Hopefully my astute observations reeled you in and you made it to the end of this post without losing interest due to lack of visual displays.

No comments:

Post a Comment